Overlapping VLSM Subnets – Speed Test 1 Answers
The answer for Overlapping VLSM Subnets Speed Test 1 are below the fold!
Other posts in this series:
Items 2 and 5 (from the original list) overlap
It helps to sort the subnet IDs as part of solving the problem. In fact, here’s the process I suggest when learning:
1) Find the subnet IDs (if starting with IP address/prefix combinations)
2) List from lowest subnet ID to highest
3) List the broadcast address for each subnet next to the subnet ID
4) Compare adjacent entries to look for overlaps
5) If you find an overlap, when comparing the next item, compare to all subnets already known to overlap
Once sorted, you can find the first pair of overlaps working through the list sequentially. Here’s the sorted list.
|Subnet ID||Subnet Broadcast|